Friday, September 28, 2007

Vehicles. Are. Not. Ads.

Madison Metro has recently begun selling ads that wrap the entire bus. Yay, nothing like seeing a Miller beer bus or a Dejope bingo bus. I find it disgusting that now pretty much anything is for sale. Just because someone will pay you a buck to put an ad somewhere doesn't mean you should.

Only worse are the Mobile Billboards. They do nothing but clog our streets, pollute our air and flash whatever ad is on them. TQ Diamonds: you listening? Your mobile billboard is now the sole reason I will not shop at your store. Just for that, let me share my favorite jeweler: BR Diamond Suite. Yeah, they don't advertise... because they don't need to. Folks, there's a reason TQ has to advertise so much.

1 comment:

just jon said...

I don't mind the busses as ads.. They were just big ugly utilitarian blue and white busses before.. At least now they're colorful.

As long as we're sharing favorite jewelry stores, I highly recommend Noble Metals. I highly don't recommend Goodman's Jewelers -- they pressured me to buy a new watch after damaging my watch during routine maintenance, saying it was irreparable pre-existing damage. (Wolff Kubly Time Center repaired it for $10 and demonstrated how Goodman's had damaged it.)